It is easy to have a corporate statement that incorporates something on ethics, well meaning but rarely read or observed. Transactions can have an adversarial component; that notwithstanding, the best transactions we have ever done were built on the spirit of candid and transparent dealing, where two parties came together to try to do a win-win transaction. Most of the deals we have worked on end up being considered win-win. Here is what you can expect of us:
• We will tell you what we can do for sure, what we probably can do, and what we don’t think anyone including us can do. You deserve to know.
• When circumstances change you will find out immediately.
• If we say something or write something down, we mean it.
• Our relationships are far more valuable than any deal, and we want to work with you time and time again. If this next one isn’t a fit, the deal to follow may be.
• When a transaction closes, we want to be sure you would speak of the deal and our firm in the best possible way. If you cannot, the deal was a failure even if it closed.
• We expect you to hold us accountable.
• We won’t speak ill of anyone you perceive to be our competitors, we don’t need to. Who we are and what we have done hopefully speaks very loudly. We have many millions of dollars of transactions closed amongst us, and consider those to have all been highly successful.
• Whatever the topic, it matters. We will bring you all of the capability, energy, respect and attention that the situation requires.
• We will bring a sense of humor to the table. Do not be surprised to see us smile along the way. We like this business and always will.